1. Trends related to high participant engagement, increased performance and behavior change:
- Mobile learning
- Learning apps
- Personalized learning
- Migration of classroom activities to blended or totally online
- Performance support tools
- Informal, social and self-directed learning
2. Trends related to high-impact, immersive learning experiences:
- Interactive videos
- Augmented reality (AR)
- Curation and user-generated content
3. Trends related to assessing impact and maximizing ROI:
- Learning experience platforms (LXPs)
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
I believe her observations are quite relevant, especially the migration of face-to-face activities to the virtual realm. We recently emphasized this in a post on the Visual Insight profile (link with 07/06 post) where we discuss the countless changes brought about by the pandemic and social distancing (that will likely continue through the end of the year).
Note also the growing relevance of immersive and interactive learning experiences, making it essential to understand how to design such programs so that they are effective and successfully meet their objectives.
In my opinion, the solution continues to be found in understanding how people learn, retain information and put it into practice. It goes without saying that visual resources (images, infographics, tables, illustrations) will continue to be crucial in this process. Not incidentally, I’d also include One Page Training as a trend in the above list because of its high impact, ability to simplify complex content, and power of synthesis.
So tell me, what do you think is a trend in T&D? Share your view in the comments to continue this conversation.
If you want to know more about One Page Training, click here to connect with our CEO, Renato Gangoni.